Two Cyrus servers

twk twk at ncsu.edu
Thu Aug 28 13:44:28 EDT 2003

Víctor Guerra wrote:
> The thing I want to do is this: I want to have two machines with a cyrus
> server installed on each and those servers have only one mailbox store. I
> want to do that in order to give different services from each machine, on
> per-pay service with POP and IMAP access , and other free service with only
> webmail access. What can I do?

Why not run one Cyrus server and a separate webmail server (that has no
data store, just talks IMAP to the single Cyrus server). Besides, it is
not necessary (and probably not a good idea) to run the webmail service
and Cyrus on the same system anyway.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Karches                    email : twk at ncsu.edu
Web Systems Administrator      phone : 919.515.5508
NCSU Information Technology