squatter indexes

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Sun Aug 31 14:36:38 EDT 2003

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Ken Murchison wrote:

> > Also, what recommendations are there for running squatter?  Should I run
> > it daily?  What would an entry in cyrus.conf for squatter look like?
>
>    # index mailing list archives
>    squat         cmd="squatter archive.*" at=0415
>

> Note that in 2.2, there is a "/squat" mailbox annotation that can be
> set, so that you don't have to enumerate all of the mailboxes on the
> squatter command line.  You just set/unset the "/squat" annotation on
> the desired mailboxes (which is inherited by children  -- eg, a whole
> tree can be squatted with one annotation), and run 'squatter -a', and
> squatter will automatically squat the correct mailboxes.  This allows
> users to have their own mailboxes squatted w/o having to bother the admin.

Hmmm, the way you phrase that makes me believe that you don't normally
expect ALL mailboxes to be indexed...  I was sort of expecting that I
should be indexing all mailboxes on the system.

Part of my reasoning for this was just to get rid of the annoying:

SQUAT failed to open index file

messages in the syslogs.  :)

	Andy