lmtp behaviour

gshumway at cityextreme.com gshumway at cityextreme.com
Fri Apr 4 21:19:55 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm running cyrus-imapd-2.1.12	with sendmail 8.12.9.  I have
an issue where lmtpd seems to refuse connections.

This behaviour seems to occur when a large volume of mail is
delivered to the box.  I notice that there is an lmtpd process
fo each message that is being delivered so if i send a few
hundred emails i get a few hundred ltmpd processes. Is this
normal ?

I have specified FEATURE(local_lmtp) in sendmail.mc and have
the following in my cyrus.conf file.

lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0

The error in my maillog is:

Apr  5 10:00:55 myserver sm-mta[58837]: h3500t9u058768:
SYSERR(root): Could not connect to socket
/var/imap/socket/lmtp: Connection refused by localhost

Can anyone offer any advice ?

Thanks.