2.2a and postfix, what to put in virttable?

Mitrana Cristian cmitrana at xnet.ro
Thu Apr 10 16:36:36 EDT 2003

Jev wrote:
> I have solved this to a point, but it may be a deadend;
>

> By using the postfix transport_maps, and putting the virtually hosted
> domain on 'mydestination' I can get postfix to deliver any mail to a
> given domain directly to cyrus via lmtp, which works great! except, now
> I can't sepecify things like aliases and catchall domains!
>
> I know this isn't strictly on topic, but I still feel it relates
> strongly enough because it is specific to virtual domain support.
>

> All the best,
> -Jev
>
> Jev wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm still trying to get postfix to deliver mail to virtual domain
>> mailboxes in cyrus, so far without success.
>>
>> I have reverted to using regular virtual files (instead of mysql) just
>> to simplfy things while I try to get this to work.
>>
>> Has anyone any advise?

Try to map your virtual domains to "relay" transport, i.e.
point your "relay_domains" to the mysql map, specify relay_transport
to lmtp and you can even pull out "relay_recipient_maps" from
a mysql: map. About aliases and catchall, I think you can get away with
the default directives (alias_maps). I might be mistaken,
I'd try the postfix howtos and mailinglists.

mitu