need organizational hint

Amos Gouaux +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Fri Apr 11 17:11:54 EDT 2003

>>>>> On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:04:51 -0500,
>>>>> Phil Howard <phil-info-cyrus at ipal.net> (ph) writes:

ph> The trouble there is then I'm back to having the MTA accessing the
ph> user's set of filtering rules, and then it has to be in that form.
ph> The MTA will have to understand where to find information about the
ph> user.  That's always been a big complication given the split of an
ph> MTA with the delivery entity (MDA?) which Cyrus would be.

I don't know what state things are in, or if this would be of
interest to you, but I recall that the author of amavisd-new[1] was
wanting to add MySQL support so that user-customizable rules/settings
could be retrieved.  This variation of AMaViS is entirely different
than the one previously mentioned; it seems to only share the name.
I think the author is currently on vacation.

1. http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

--
Amos