messages w/ bare newlines problem

Robert Scussel rscuss at omniti.com
Mon Apr 14 12:38:49 EDT 2003

In the last few months there have been various posts with hacks/patches
to allow for null characters to be ignored, and allowed through.  The
one you want is the patch to lmtp  ( check out the post "Re: NUL
characters in messages" Sep 8, 2002.

The one question I have, is that I didn't see anything about null
characters in messages as not being RFC complient, as far as SMTP goes.
Is there a reason that LMTP decides that they are, or am I missing where
it says that they are not complient?

Thanks,

--
Robert Scussel
1024D/BAF70959/0036 B19E 86CE 181D 0912  5FCC 92D8 1EA1 BAF7 0959