where to learn about authentication methods

kwilliams at equiscape.com kwilliams at equiscape.com
Wed Apr 16 16:40:53 EDT 2003

All,

This is probably better posted to the sasl user group, but I'm hoping
someone can point me in the correct direction.  I'm relatively new to
the whole linux world, and would like to learn about the different
security mechanisms (ldap, pam, sasldb2, kerberos, plain, etc...)
especially regarding sasl, and how sasl implements/configures these
mechanisms.

While configuring Cyrus (and I love it), the security was a big black
hole that i feel uncomfortable not understanding.  Any links, README
docs, or books you would recommend to gain a better understanding with
how the whole authentication/authorization process works would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin Williams