Problems running CyrAdm

Nikola Milutinovic Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu
Tue Apr 22 01:18:52 EDT 2003

Ken Murchison wrote:

> Yes, Cyrus IMAP can use them all.  BTW, mysql is not a valid option.
> What you probably want is auxprop and then possibly specify
> auxprop_plugin:mysql

Yes, that's the one I had in mind (now if I only had a MySQL... Don't laugh,
we're working on an ancient Tru64 UNIX 4.0D :-()

>>Now, that I've taken a look at man pages, I'm a bit puzzled. Do I need a SASL
>>config file for IMAP? For Sendmail, I have a "/usr/lib/sasl2/sendmail.conf".
>>Should I have one for IMAP?
>
> You don't have to.  The sasl_* options in imapd.conf are fed to SASL as
> if they were in /usr/lib/sasl2/Cyrus.conf

Aha, I knew from times long ago that IMAP server can override SASL options, but
I was not sure if they could be placed regularly.

>>Suppose I don't have Kerberos installed, how can suppress IMAP's advertisment of
>>GSSAPI?
>
> Either remove the /usr/lib/sasl2/libgssapi* files or limit the mechs
> that you want advertised by using the mech_list option.  Look at
> doc/options.html in the SASL distro for details.

sasl_mech_list: CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 PLAIN OTP LOGIN

As for the original problem - "cyradm", it would appear that the problem is due
to Perl or my build of Perl. The symbol mentioned missing is indeed referenced
by IMAP.so and the "Changes" file in Perl mentiones that *that* function:

Avoid calling (now non-existant) Perl_sv_setsv(), by calling Perl_sv_setsv_flags
directly.

Now, I would expect that there is a "#define Perl_sv_setsv Perl_sv_setsv_flags"
in one of the headers. I'll investigate further.

Say, who's responsible for Perl version of CyrAdm? Maybe they can make a
comment, I'm not an expert on Perl.

I'll summarize, when the matter is resolved entirely.

Nix.