Bulletin boards in Cyrus 2.1.12 vs 1.6

John A. Conant jconant at aerodyne.com
Thu Apr 17 12:13:08 EDT 2003

Hi,
     We've just finished a successful (mostly) upgrade from Cyrus 1.6.x to
2.1.12, on Red Hat 7, using sendmail (and about time, too!).

     Under V1.6 we made use of non-user bulletin boards, posting to them
via the "bb+xxx.yyy at aerodyne.com" format.  The sendmail macros could access
"cyrusbb" for this.  Under v2.1.12 we can still access those non-user
folders to some extent (e.g., Mulberry can move emails between folders) but
we can not post to them, despite checking the ACLs.  We've noted that now
under V2.1.12 the delivery occurs via "cyrusv2", but there is no longer any
"cyrusbb".  Has the methodology changed?  Do we now need to be using
"shared folders"?  We've found some docs on configuring these, but no
overview on what is appropriate for our needs.

                              Regards,

                                   John Conant

 jconant at aerodyne.com        "An expert is a [person] who has made all
 John Conant                 the mistakes which can be made in a very
 Aerodyne Research, Inc.     narrow field" - Niels Bohr (attrib.)
 Billerica, MA 01821
 (978)663-9500, ext. 292     FAX (978)663-4918