Vacation: Sendmail 8.12.8 & Cyrus 2.1.11

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Tue Apr 22 10:16:06 EDT 2003

Roger Grosswiler wrote:

>i try hard to get up and running vacation on my sendmail/cyrus-configuration. So i downloaded the vacation-programm, installed it, got my files in my directories...and nothing works...how should it, as my linux does not now, when it has to start the vacation program.
>
>Does anybody know:
>
>-the params needed in sendmail
>-eventually need params for cyrus
>
>...if i do not want to use sieve!
>
>A rookie (how i feel @ the moment after days of research) appreciates any help! thx community!

If you don't want to use sieve for vacation (which I recommend, we
switched from the old-style vacation to sieve's vacation and everyone is
much happier), the normal setup is to set the user's .forward file to
deliver to the vacation program.  There is nothing in cyrus for vacation
in that case, since it is handled before cyrus gets the message for
delivery.  See the documenation for vacation.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931