Misunderstanding of MUPDATE ?

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Mon Apr 28 09:18:45 EDT 2003

I don't pretend to be an expert on the subject, but according to my
understanding :

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 04:14:08AM +0200, Christian Schulte wrote:
> So what does that mean for the backends exactly ?
> Are all mailboxes from all backend servers accessible through the
> backends or is the whole murder only accessible through the frontends ?

Individual backend only make their local mailbox available, but you can
access any mailbox (located in a backend member of the Murder, that is)
through a frontend.

> So users connecting to the wrong backend cannot access theire mailbox
> and get an error ?

Right.

> Only frontend-servers proxy for all backends and one backend-server
> alone does not proxy for other backends and pushes local changes to the
> mupdate master to make the changes available for the frontends ?

That's about it !

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
PGP Pub Key: http://www.LinuxQuebec.com/pubkeys/eg.key
Fingerprint: F569 0394 098A FC70 B572  5D20 3129 3D86 8FD5 C853