Eugene Chow xyrik at ecentrenet.com
Sat Sep 28 22:43:39 EDT 2002

That's weird... Why would you want to do that?

Anyway, you might like to try this. Since the daemons pop3d and imapd
can accept parameters to use different config files, you could create
two config files in /etc for imapd and pop3d (ie. pop3d.conf and
imapd.conf). Then in each config file, specify a different path for the
sasldb2 user database using this parameter:

	sasl_sasldb_path: /etc/sasldb2

You could have one db file called pop3db and another imapdb if you like.

Then in cyrus.conf, change the following line from this:
    pop3         cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=0

to:

    pop3         cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/pop3d -C /etc/pop3d.conf"
listen="pop3" prefork=0

The command used in the second line tells pop3d to read pop3d.conf
instead of the default imapd.conf. Tell me if it works 'coz I never
tested it out before. Hope it helped!

Cheers,
Eugene