Telnet commands.

Frederic Trudeau frederic.trudeau at cam.org
Sat Sep 28 23:12:12 EDT 2002

Greetings all.

I've been reading some of the archive, but did not find exactly what I wanted, so here it is ...
My main goal is to be able to telnet on port 143, and administer Cyrus remotelly, and be able to use
the same tools taht cyradm provides.

Thus far, I was able to login using user cyrus, and even create a user.

[Question #1] Why do I have a permission denied error message when trying to delete the bogus account I've just created ?

[root at isham root]# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK xxx.xxxxxxxxxx.com Cyrus IMAP4 v2.0.16 server ready
A001 LOGIN cyrus xxxxxxx
A001 OK User logged in
0 CREATE foobar
0 OK Completed
0 DELETE foobar
0 NO Permission denied
???

I read the doc located on http://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/rfc/rfc2060.txt. This provided me with a couple of commands I can issue via Telnet, as stated above.
Great. But cyradm premits to set quota, set permissions on account, list mailboxes and others usefull commands. Those commands are not shown in
the documentation.

[Question #2] Can we issue the same set of commands via telnet ?

I appreciate you help.