Webmail applications that are kind to the IMAP server?

Voutsinas Nikos nvoutsin at noc.uoa.gr
Mon Sep 2 14:36:47 EDT 2002

Schmehl, Paul L wrote:
> Look at Squirrelmail.  www.squirrelmail.org/  It's a very nice app,
> written in php also, with plugins to add many useful features (such as
> Sieve filtering.)  I don't have a heavy load on my server, but I haven't
> noticed any more activity from Squirrelmail than what I see with a
> "regular" imap user.

Squirrelmail definitely do not use persistent connections, (cyrus logs
are dominated with login infos coming for our webmail server).

http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/NewIMAPConnections
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/600/2002/2/0/7935982/

On the other hand Squirrelmail fits nicely with cyrus-imap

http://www.noc.uoa.gr/~avel/page.php?page=edunetsquirrel&lang=en

I think (I've never tested) that IMHO over the Roxen webserver provides
persistent connections to the IMAP servers

Nikos Voutsinas