sieve reject rule doesnt work

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Sep 6 08:21:21 EDT 2002

Quoting Ilya <mail at krel.org>:

> Hi.
> I am trying to get sieve Reject rule to work, but with no luck.
> I am running 2.1.9 with exim, I use  lmtpunix
> cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0
> fileinto commands work fine, but reject just simply doesn't do anything. I

Check imapd.log for errors.  My guess is that Exim's "sendmail" command is in a
different location from where lmtpd is looking for it, so the sending of the
rejection fails.  Read imapd.conf(5) and look for the 'sendmail' option.

> can see that sieve processed the email because the X-Sieve header is there.
> here is the script I use:
> require "reject";
> if header :contains "Subject" "movie" {reject "Possible";}
>

> Also whenever I run sieveshell or cyradm, the first letter of the first
> output line is on a previous line, ie:
> > list
> ngo  <- active script
>
> and if I actually copy paste these lines into vi or whatever I get only one
> line!
> > list
> ingo  <- active script
> > quit
>
> as if there is no new line character there. happens for both cyradm and
> sieveshell.
>

> localhost.alchemistry.net> ver
> name       : Cyrus IMAPD
> version    : v2.1.9 2002/08/30 18:40:23
> vendor     : Project Cyrus
> support-url: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
> os         : FreeBSD
> os-version : 4.6-STABLE
> environment: Cyrus SASL 2.1.6
>              Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.3.11: (July 12, 2001)
>              OpenSSL 0.9.6a 5 Apr 2001
>              CMU Sieve 2.2
>              TCP Wrappers
>              mmap = shared
>              lock = fcntl
>              nonblock = fcntl
>              auth = unix
>              idle = poll
>              mboxlist.db = skiplist
>              subs.db = flat
>              seen.db = skiplist
>              duplicate.db = db3-nosync
>              tls.db = db3-nosync

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127