fsync() takes about 0.06 second ---makes Cyrus deliver slow

Robert Scussel rscuss at omniti.com
Mon Sep 9 16:57:59 EDT 2002

Depending on how consistent you want your data, you can always define
your own fsync which can do nothing and then call sync directly from
somewhere else. This is however dangerous, as you could experience file
corruption.

Out of curiousity, what fs/OS are you using? We have noted this as a
major factor of fsync times.

--
Robert Scussel
1024D/BAF70959/0036 B19E 86CE 181D 0912  5FCC 92D8 1EA1 BAF7 0959