fsync() takes about 0.06 second ---makes Cyrus deliver slow

Su Li sli at rim.net
Tue Sep 10 11:31:30 EDT 2002

Thanks Daniel,

I think performance is the bigger issue for me. I need to get 8-10 messages
per second and right now I only got 1.2-1.5 messages per second. I will
definitely give a try. In the mean time I also looking into my configure to
see if I can get any better there.

I have posted my configure before. I choose db3_nosync to be my
duplicate.db. Can you help me to see, if I can improve performance there? I
post again here. Sorry for that.

./configure --with-auth=unix --without-krb4 --without-ucdsnmp
--with-bdb-incdir=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/include
--with-bdb-libdir=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0/lib --with-dblib=berkeley
--with-dbpath=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.0 --with-lock=fcntl
--with-mboxlist-db=skiplist --with-seen-db=skiplist
--with-duplicate-db=db3_nosync --without-notify --disable-sieve
--enable-fulldirhash --with-idle=no

Thanks a lot.

Su