imapd, sasl, imtest connection refused

Schmehl, Paul L pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Sep 11 17:21:49 EDT 2002

Is Cyrus running?  Is saslauthd running?

You start Cyrus with /usr/cyrus/bin/master &
You start saslauthd with /usr/local/sbin/saslauthd -a plain
(substitute paths accordingly)

If you haven't specified the location of the saslauthd socket in
imapd.conf, then you can do so when you start it:
/usr/local/sbin/saslauthd -a plain -m /var/run/saslauthd/mux
(again, substitute paths as appropriate)

# man 8 master
# man 8 saslauthd

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Department Coordinator