Cyrus Cannot Delete Mailbox

Schmehl, Paul L pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Sep 11 17:08:45 EDT 2002

Well, the man page *is* a little confusing at that point, in its
explantion.  And I added to the confusion by mindlessly typing "d"
instead of "c" in my explanation.

If you read down to the listing of ACLs, you will see this:

  l   Lookup (visible to LIST/LSUB/UNSEEN)

  r   Read (SELECT, CHECK, FETCH, PARTIAL, SEARCH, COPY source)

  s   Seen (STORE \SEEN)

  w   Write flags other than \SEEN and \DELETED

  i   Insert (APPEND, COPY destination)

  p   Post (send mail to mailbox)

  c   Create and Delete mailbox (CREATE new sub-mailboxes, RENAME or
DELETE mailbox)

  d   Delete (STORE \DELETED, EXPUNGE)

  a   Administer (SETACL)

Notice that "c" is what grants you the power to create and delete
mailboxes.  By default, the "c" ACL is only set for the owner of the
box, not the admin.  So, you have to do this:

# sam user.ksikkema.steelcase cyrus c

Then you can:

# dm user.ksikkema.steelcase

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)