sieve issues

Brian brianb at sboss.net
Thu Sep 12 10:04:19 EDT 2002

After upgrading from 2.0.16 to 2.1.9, I'm experiencing some strangeness
with sieve.

I use the avelsieve plugin for squirrelmail and that used to work great.

Now whenever I create a rule, I see this:
*****
Unable to load script to server. See server response below:

NO "Did not specify script data"

Could not set active script on your IMAP server 127.0.0.1.
Please contact your administrator.
*****

The sieve entry in my cyrus.conf looks like this:

 # useful if you need to give users remote access to sieve
        sieve           cmd="timsieved" listen="127.0.0.1:sieve"
prefork=0 maxchild=100

When I run 'sivtest -u brianb -a brianb localhost', I get this:

S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v1.1.0-Debian2.1.9-1"
S: "SASL" "LOGIN PLAIN"
S: "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify
subaddress relational regex"
S: OK
C: AUTHENTICATE "LOGIN"
S: {12}
S: VXNlcm5hbWU6
Please enter your password:
C: {8+}
YnJpYW5i
S: {12}
S: UGFzc3dvcmQ6
C: {12+}
aXJ1bDMkJA==
S: OK
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0

So I can authenticate and if I place the commands in the script by hand,
it works.  If I try to do it over the sieve port, I get the error
mentioned earlier.

The permissions on my sieve directory look like this:

kudzu:~# cd /var/spool/sieve/
kudzu:/var/spool/sieve# ls -ald
drwxr-xr-x   28 cyrus    mail         4096 Aug 19 22:36 .
kudzu:/var/spool/sieve# ls -l /var/spool/sieve/b
total 4
drwx------    2 cyrus    mail         4096 Sep 12 08:27 brianb
kudzu:/var/spool/sieve# ls -l /var/spool/sieve/b/brianb/
total 36
lrwxrwxrwx    1 cyrus    mail           16 Sep 12 08:27 default ->
phpscript.script
-rw-------    1 cyrus    mail        34192 Sep 12 09:51 phpscript.script

Can anyone tell me where I need to start looking to figure this out?

--
Brian