Cyrus IMAP Presentation

adam at morrison-ind.com adam at morrison-ind.com
Tue Sep 17 09:35:28 EDT 2002

>>>(Slide 8)
>>>The mailbox hierarchy does not have to work the way you describe (see
>>>also altnamespace and unixhierarchysep)
>>Noted,  but I don't know if I want to go into that.
>>Do "typical" installations use altnamespace or the hierarchical name
>>space?
>>If I change it after the server is in use does it wig out user
>>subscriptions, etc...?
>Nope.  I made sure that when I designed/implemented these options, that
>it wouldn't be a problem.  Internally, the mailbox names are the same,
>all that changes is what is presented to the client.  A good client
>should be fetching the subscribed folders via the LSUB command, so it
>will always get a correct list.

Great.  I turned it on an my users with Eudora started working, so that is a win
(and probably  a flaw in Eudora) and the folder list looks a little more
"normal" to the rest of the users.

So far this is FABULOUS software.  Thanks and congradulations to the Cyrus team.
 Management wants more "collaborative" technology and Cyrus IMAP is definitely that.