Cyrus IMAP Presentation

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Mon Sep 23 19:34:40 EDT 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>
> > what about
> > http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&msg=15004
>
> I'd need more information to discuss it, since SASL 2.1.2 didn't include
> an LDAP saslauthd module.  Knowing how LDAP was compiled, and so on would
> help, but if it's not a current issue, I'm not going to worry about it
> much.

This should not be an issue at this time because saslauthd/ldap module
does not use sasl_bind to an ldap server.  So, a possible lookup loop
(saslauthd -> ldap server -> saslauthd .... ) is not possible.
Reentrancy, the way I understand it, is also not possible because
saslauthd is linked to only one version of libsasl via libldap.

--
Igor