Cyrus IMAP Presentation

Amos Gouaux +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Wed Sep 18 00:13:53 EDT 2002

>>>>> On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:56:07 -0500,
>>>>> Schmehl, Paul L <pauls at utdallas.edu> (spl) writes:

spl> This simply isn't true.  At UTD we are using altnamespace *and*
spl> we allow our users to have a PEA (Personalized Email Address)
spl> which can include firstname.lastname at .

This is done by the MTA (Postfix in our case, but easily done with
Sendmail and others) before delivery to Cyrus.  At least from what
I've seen/heard of in the past, this tends to be the typical
approach instead of having folks login with a "first.last" login.

However, the "user at domain.dom" inbox trick has been used in the past
to try to emulate multi-domain support.  Maybe with the stuff that
is now being worked on this will no longer be necessary.  (Sorry, I
haven't followed some of those threads too closely since it isn't
something I'm really needing at present.)

--
Amos