Exporting single user mailboxes.

Tarjei Huse tarjei at nu.no
Sun Sep 15 12:47:42 EDT 2002

Quoting Rob Siemborski <rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu>:

> On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Tarjei Huse wrote:
>
> > Hi, does anyone have a perl script for exporting a users mailboxes into
> > a format that the user can be given as a tgz and then open and read with
> > a normal emailclient, preferably some windoes client?
> I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.  What windows client
> are you trying to use that doesn't support either IMAP or POP3?
I'm deleting users from our system as they have quit. Because I cannot whant to
wait untill the user might come around to retrive their mail, I want to export
it and tar it up together with the users homedir etc and put it in a separate
place for storage.

The reason I want the format to be winblos accessible is so I can give the user
his/her mail on a CD and tell them "use netscape" or something and then be done
with it :). Didn't netscape4 use mbox?

Tarjei