Cannot get loginrealms to work with 2.0.16

Michael Fair michael at daclubhouse.net
Mon Sep 16 16:53:48 EDT 2002

You didn't provide us enough information as to
which strings exactly you are trying to
authenticate with and do your domains include
"." in them and if so do you have unixheirsep
turned on so that "." is allowed in names.

A properly configured environment would:
A) Have unixheirsep turned on
B) Each user mailbox would be created with
     cm user/user at domain.dom
C) saslpasswd would have been run as:
     saslpasswd -u domain.dom -c user
D) The user would type their username as:
     user at domain.dom

If you do not have "." in the domain names
then strip ".dom" from the above examples
and the unixheirsep is optional.

It's possible that what might be happening
is your IMAP users are authenticating just
fine, but they have no "INBOX" so it looks
like SASL isn't authenticating.  What do you
see in your logs?

-- Michael --