Cannot get loginrealms to work with 2.0.16

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Tue Sep 17 20:34:59 EDT 2002

>>>The unix hierarchy separator is key here because you
>>>want to have a "." in the username.
>>>

>>I think this would do it. But how to enable that in 2.0.16 ?
>>

>It's probably only available as a patch in the 2.0.x
>series (I'm not to keen on exactly which versions had
>what features).
>
>Your other choice is to skip 2.1 and jump into 2.2
>available from CVS.  Since you're already compiling
>your cyrus (as opposed to prepackaged binary) and
>you want virtual domains support (and willing to go
>to great lengths to get it), I'd suggest getting the
>2.2 branch which has native virtual domain support
>built into it.
>
>There are a few ppl on the list who have been running
>the 2.2 branch for a couple weeks now and don't seem
>to be having any problems with it at all.

Thanks a lot for your help! I did a cvs checkout a few minutes ago but
was not able to get it compiled at once. I am using Solaris 8 on ix86
and there I had to deal with LD_LIBRARY_PATH and adding switches to the
Makefile.PL files like -L/usr/loca/lib/etc... to get perl modules
running, patching deliver.c to get it working with sendmail and and
and......
I think I will get it working till the weekend. Should not take as long
as the first time because I think I really have had every problem which
can occure with the 2.0.16 sources on Solaris 8 with gcc !
One more question: Is there anything I must take care off when updating
my current mailboxes, if I get it working the next days ? I do a "make
install" over the old installation hopefully replacing it completely and
then I only do a "reconstruct" with the new reconstruct binary and will
be able to start the new compiled version and do *not* loose any mail in
any folder or mailbox ? So I can simply install the new binaries and
these will work with my mail partitions ?
Again: Thanks a lot for your help!