Cannot get loginrealms to work with 2.0.16

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Sep 17 20:49:15 EDT 2002

Quoting Christian Schulte <cs at schulte.it>:

> >>I think this would do it. But how to enable that in 2.0.16 ?
> >>

> >It's probably only available as a patch in the 2.0.x
> >series (I'm not to keen on exactly which versions had
> >what features).
> >
> >Your other choice is to skip 2.1 and jump into 2.2
> >available from CVS.  Since you're already compiling
> >your cyrus (as opposed to prepackaged binary) and
> >you want virtual domains support (and willing to go
> >to great lengths to get it), I'd suggest getting the
> >2.2 branch which has native virtual domain support
> >built into it.
> >
> >There are a few ppl on the list who have been running
> >the 2.2 branch for a couple weeks now and don't seem
> >to be having any problems with it at all.
> >

> Thanks a lot for your help! I did a cvs checkout a few minutes ago but
> was not able to get it compiled at once. I am using Solaris 8 on ix86
> and there I had to deal with LD_LIBRARY_PATH and adding switches to the
> Makefile.PL files like -L/usr/loca/lib/etc... to get perl modules
> running, patching deliver.c to get it working with sendmail and and
> and......
> I think I will get it working till the weekend. Should not take as long
> as the first time because I think I really have had every problem which
> can occure with the 2.0.16 sources on Solaris 8 with gcc !
> One more question: Is there anything I must take care off when updating
> my current mailboxes, if I get it working the next days ? I do a "make
> install" over the old installation hopefully replacing it completely and
> then I only do a "reconstruct" with the new reconstruct binary and will
> be able to start the new compiled version and do *not* loose any mail in
> any folder or mailbox ? So I can simply install the new binaries and
> these will work with my mail partitions ?
> Again: Thanks a lot for your help!

You _should_ not have to reconstruct any mailboxes, since the mailbox format
hasn't changed (well, a small one was made for POP UIDL, but it'll be upgraded
on the fly).  You'll want to read doc/install-upgrade.html and do everything
that applies from 2.0.16 forward.

You'll also want to read doc/install-virtdomains.html to configure your
virtdomains.  Let me know if you find something that is incorrect or isn't
clear so I can fix it.

Don't forget that you'll have to install SASLv2 in order to use Cyrus 2.1+.
See doc/upgrading.html in the SASLv2 distro for info on upgrading.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127