Cyrus and mysql

Vernon A. Fort vfort at provident-solutions.com
Tue Sep 17 10:59:17 EDT 2002

Hello all,
  I am having issues with Cyrus-imap (2.1.5) and cyrus-sasl (2.1.5)
using the pam_mysql (0.4.5).  It is working well 'Most' of the time.
Three to four times per day, we start having auth failures.  I stop and
start cyrus-imap - problem fixed.  I'm not sure where to look, but here
are
my configs:

            Imap.conf
allowanonymouslogin: no
allowpalintext: yes
sieveuserhomedir: no
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
singleinstancestore: yes
quotawarn: 90
lmtp_overquota_perm_failure: no
hashimapspool: false
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN

            Saslauthd starts with the "-a" option of pam

            Pam.d/imap config

%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_mysql.so user=admuser
passwd=admpass db=userdb table=usertable usercolumn=emailid
passwdcolumn=password crypt=0
account    required     /lib/security/pam_mysql.so user=admuser
passwd=admpass db=userdb table=usertable usercolumn=emailid
passwdcolumn=password crypt=0

Any direction would be most appreciated!!
Vernon A. Fort (Andy)
Provident Solutions LLC.
(615) 406-5540 http://www.provident-solutions.com