moving mailboxes between partitions

Aidan Evans ae at is.dal.ca
Thu Sep 19 17:41:12 EDT 2002

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 at 13:49 Aidan Evans wrote to Andreas Piesk,...

>  We have moved numerous mailboxes across partitions without any apparent
>data loss.  However, we have encountered some issues.  This is with Cyrus
>2.1.9.
>
>  Mail disk space quotas are messed up.  Generally the user ends up with
>usage recorded as twice the real amount.  This is okay for a while as long
>as users are not already using more than half their limit (then their mail
>gets queued).  Running "quota -f" cures this.  Reading the code of the
>quota program leads me to believe that it is best to do this at a non-busy
>time.  A comment says "Lock mailbox list to prevent mailbox
>creation/deletion during the fix".

  I was just doing "quota -f" when it came to me that I should try to create
a folder and see what happened.  What happened: it worked; the folder's
there and the message I moved to it is there.  I don't suppose this success
should be client dependent, but just in case, my client was PC Pine.

Aidan Evans   | Networks & Systems
(902)494-3332 | University Computing & Information Services