cyrus netscape problem

Ines Martinez Moreno martinez at helios.iihe.ac.be
Fri Sep 20 09:21:35 EDT 2002

hi!

I have cyrus-imapd-2.1.5-3 running on rh7.3. All was ok, until yesterday,
when an user complains because he couldn't delete anymore their messages. He
uses netscape 4.72 as mail client, when he deletes an email, on his netscape
preferences the email goes to the Trash folder which is a folder on the
server. It happens the follow:
- He tries to delete the email
- on the botton of netscape we see: Moving message to INBOX.Trash
- and then netscape stays there..
- sometimes the message seems to be moved, but when you go to the Trash it
is not there, and when you return to the inbox, the messages is always
there.
On the server the Trash directory has the following rights:
drwx------    2 cyrus    mail        16384 Sep 19 01:35 Trash

Has anyone a solution to this?? I have tried to find a solution on internet,
but I haven't found anything.
The user wants to keep his netscape configuration.

thank you!