ACAP Status

Benjamin Zeiss bz at zeiss.net
Fri Sep 27 11:56:27 EDT 2002

Hello guys,

i'm wondering about the current status of ACAP. It seems that 2 years or so
ago the development
of the cyrus sml daemon has stopped and it was left in a quite unfinished
state
(i.e. missing /et directory). i'm wondering:

- is there currently any development (protocol/daemon/client-wise)
concerning acap

- did somebody actually manage to make the cyrus acap daemon work ? i tried
it and after compilation
the telnet test seemed to work. however, saving something in mulberry left
the preferences directory
empty. so it basically executed ok, but didn't store anything on harddisk.

- is anybody using acap in production use ? maybe what are the alternative
server ? the only
alternative i have found so far is the commercial communigate thing (i
think at least).

i like the idea behind imsp and acap very much and i'm currently running
the imsp daemon which
does the job for me. i just fear that my address book might get too big one
day.

are there any reasons for this development of a (what i find) promising
thing ?

--
Benjamin Zeiss
GPG Public Key: http://www.kellnerweg.de/~bzeiss/pubkey.asc