Can't authorize via postfix

Galen Johnson gjohnson at trantor.org
Sun Sep 29 18:24:57 EDT 2002

Jens wrote:

>I am trying to set up so that a remote user can relay thru my postfix install
>(debian system) . I seem to have everything set up correctly based on various
>tests but (I think) my permissions are screwed up someplace.
>From a remote system I can run imtest and authenticate.
>From the same remote system using the same authorization mechanism but instead
>of imtest I send an email - this gets me denied and a syslog message is
>generated that there is no such thing as /etc/sasldb2
>Accessing the smtp server directly shows the appropriate authorization
>mechanisms are available so I am thinking that maybe permissions for
>/etc/sasldb2 are messed up.
>
>What authorizations should be on /etc/sasldb2 (I tried cyrus:nogroup and
>cyrus:postfix) ?
>Is there some other incantation I am missing to get sasl authorization to
>work?
>
>Thanks
>
>Jens

Actually, I was wondering when the Debian chroot of postfix would rear
it's ugly head.  There is really no reason to chroot postfix.  Just edit
postfix's master.cf file and change the chroot to no.  That's has been
the most common answer on the postfix user list for Debian users.
 Unless you are a secret masochist and like picking and choosing the
files that will be necessary in the chroot jail.

=G=