Problems with POP

Felix Cuello felix at qodiga.com
Fri Oct 4 12:08:38 EDT 2002

Hi!

  I'm actually migrating my Cyrus in a devel server to a production server
and I have a problem with POP email checking.

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:110             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
     32042/master
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:143             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
     32042/master

Cyrus are listen into ports 110 and 143 and I think that configurations
are migrated succesfully. But... POP are not working in my production
server...

when I make a telnet productionserver 110 I receive this:

[root at sinclair /]# telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

and in IMAP port
[root at sinclair /]# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK sinclair Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.9 server ready

I see that /etc/imapd.conf and /etc/cyrus.conf are the same for devel and
production servers. But, in fact, devel server works fine, and production
server not.

What I'm doing wrong?

thanks for your help!

Felix