continuing problems trying to get cyrus working...

Josh Huber huber+keyword+cyrus.b8df14 at alum.wpi.edu
Thu Oct 10 19:50:04 EDT 2002

I'm still having problems with my setup, as described here:

<87heg6okxi.fsf at mail.paradoxical.net>

After looking in the archives, I suspect my problems are due to my
using ldap to store user account information.

I'm using libnss-ldap to magically make everything work, but I think
this is having a detrimental effect on cyrus...

I'm using MIT kerberos V for authentication.

This does not look promising:
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.cyrus-sasl&msg=2418

Now, I'm pretty flexible here.  I don't have any appllications which
are using SASL now (unless libldap is linked against it?)  Ah, it
is...and it's linked against an older version of sasl (v1), whereas
imapd is linked against sasl2...

Can anyone recommend a workaround for this?  Should I bother
rebuilding openldap?  Will it work even if I do?

I'm pretty confused as to what should go in the sasl_pwcheck_method,
as well.

--
Josh Huber