Cyrus imap mail folders, problems i think!!!

Emilio Recio erecio at storm.jmc.tju.edu
Mon Oct 14 12:08:38 EDT 2002

Karl Lattimer wrote:
> I want to create the folders user.foo.SENT and user.foo.DRAFTS but I
> can’t seem to do it, all I can do is add the folder user.foo.INBOX.SENT
> I’ve tried using cyradm and that hasn’t helped at all. Everytime I try
> this I get permission denied.

What happens and how it looks like is very different. For example, I
create a folder (using cyradm) under user foo... so

cm user.foo.SENT

Will look like:

INBOX

   |--- SENT

That's because user.foo == INBOX for the client. Hence any folders made
under user.foo will show up under the person's mailstore.

Only public folders will show up under the root.

-Elmo