sasl 2.1.9 + LDAPS problem

Felix Cuello felix at qodiga.com
Wed Oct 16 15:53:36 EDT 2002

Well...

   I'm trying now to start slapd with -d 8, but I have a little problem to
start ldaps, because running daemon directly from command line ldaps
doesn't start, but works if I run from ldap script...
[when I resolve this problem I will send openldap logfile]

   But... I was tried this:

   Sniffing connections using ethereal I see that:

   saslauthd doesnt send "Client Hello" (SSL)

   and when I do

   ldapsearch -x -H ldaps://upsoluciones.palermo.edu/ -b
ou=people,dc=palermo,dc=edu -Duid=cyrus,ou=people,dc=palermo,dc=edu -W
uid=fcuell

   ldapclient send "Client Hello" and the connection is established..
   Then all fields in fcuell are displayed.

I think that ldap server expects "Client Hello" from saslauthd and it
never comes.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot

Felix