Is using Berkeley DB 4.0.14 recommended?

Mark Keasling mark at air.co.jp
Thu Oct 17 05:52:23 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to use Berkeley DB 4.0.14 and am getting the dreaded
  DBERROR db4: 4 lockers
messages even when only starting up the master process.  From
what I've seen reported, the lockers number will only increase and
cyrus will eventually start failing.

Is it recommended to:
  revert to a previous/different version of Berkeley DB?
  use database types other then db3 (ie skiplist, flat)

If a different version of the database should be used, what is the
latest version, supported by Cyrus imap 2.1.9, which doesn't exhibit
this problem (does anyone know)?

Regards,
Mark Keasling <mark at air.co.jp>