When users delete mail, I want it to be moved to Trash.

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Oct 21 16:43:05 EDT 2002

Erik Enge wrote:

> Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> writes:
>
> > Cyrus hasn't introduced any such problem.  You are the first to make
> > such a claim.  I'd argue along with the rest that this functionality
> > has no place in the server.
>
> "This functionality" would be the ability to execute arbitrary shell
> scripts (or, say, an embedded language) upon execution by the user of
> the various IMAP commands.  This is what does not fit into Cyrus?
>
> Would such a patch actually be denied, assuming it was on high quality?

I'd say that checking for the presence of any external code for IMAP
commands would kill performance.  You'd be better off adding the
functionality directly (with appropriate config option) and submitting a
patch.

I have no idea if such a patch would be accepted.  I would not make the
final decision on this.
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127