When users delete mail, I want it to be moved to Trash.

Noll Janos johnzero at johnzero.hu
Mon Oct 21 16:42:02 EDT 2002

Hello!

On 21-Oct-2002 Erik Enge wrote:
>> Instead of trying to do strange things and redefining the Delete
>> function in your users' clients, you should teach your users not to
>> press Delete when they don't mean to.
>
> In which case I would have to rely on them to actually move the mail
> instead of delete it?  No, I cannot do that.

 Okay, so you need to add a "middle" interface layer, which translates
"set delete/expunge" commands to "move", etc.

 The easiest way to do this would be to create (or modify) an IMAP proxy,
thus not hurting the integrity of the IMAP server.

 Fortunately, Cyrus IMAPd contains an IMAP proxy (imap/proxyd.c), you
have to modify this, and "that's all". Then add this proxy in the middle,
and you're done.

| Noll Janos <johnzero at johnzero.hu> | http://www.johnzero.hu |
| "Expect the unexpected!"    |   ICQ# 4547866   |  Be free! |