When users delete mail, I want it to be moved to Trash.

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Mon Oct 21 16:21:23 EDT 2002

Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> writes:

> You analogy is flawed, because you have changed the client (/bin/rm)
> and not the server (filesystem access functions).  What you're saying
> is that your filesystem is buggy because you can't make the unlink()
> call play some shell game with the file location and permissions.

I can see how you would be correct, but at least it would be feasible to
replace /bin/rm and expect noone to change it back.  I don't have
control over the numerous Microsoft Outlook's we have company-wide.

Also consider that I would have to rely on the users not reconfiguring
(and they might not mean to do it) Outlook whereas with /bin/rm I could
use tripwire or other tools to ensure integrity of my setup.

Erik.