When users delete mail, I want it to be moved to Trash.

Schmehl, Paul L pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Oct 21 14:21:40 EDT 2002

man cyradm

 l   Lookup (visible to LIST/LSUB/UNSEEN)

 r   Read (SELECT, CHECK, FETCH, PARTIAL, SEARCH, COPY source)

 s   Seen (STORE \SEEN)

 w   Write flags other than \SEEN and \DELETED

 i   Insert (APPEND, COPY destination)

 p   Post (send mail to mailbox)

 c   Create and Delete mailbox (CREATE new sub-mailboxes, RENAME or
DELETE mailbox)

 d   Delete (STORE \DELETED, EXPUNGE)

 a   Administer (SETACL)

If your users don't have the "d" flag set, then they can't delete or
expunge mail from the Trash folder.  If they have the "i" flag set, they
can append mail to that folder.  If you set the "d" flag on their other
mailboxes, they should be able to delete the messages which would insert
them into the Trash folder.

I'm not sure why you would want to do this, but if you play with those
flags, you should be able to get the behavior that you want.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
TCS Department Coordinator
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member