max users per cyrus instance

Jure Pecar pegasus at telemach.net
Mon Oct 21 17:21:56 EDT 2002

With all the talk about the distributed filesystems, I have a related
question:

How many users do you have per cyrus instance?

My expirience from our webmail setup is 150k users on a single box with 10
10k rpm scsi disks. CPU load is hovering around 5% (4 500mhz p3 xeons),
loadavg around 10 most of the day. Clearly i/o wait is the cause here.

I'm planning to expand onto some nice fibrechannel disk arrays with 15 disks
and want to know if one cyrus instance would hold up to 600k users. Does
anyone have such numbers in production? What combination of cyrus mailstore
hashing and filesystems offered by linux today would be most interesting in
such scenario?

--

Jure Pecar