configure --without-krb fails, looking for Kerberos

Ian McDonald ian at londontown.com
Tue Oct 29 07:40:26 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lists" <hbeatty.lists at earthlink.net>
To: "Cyrus-Info" <info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: configure --without-krb fails, looking for Kerberos

> Ian,
>
> Try using "--with-auth=unix" instead of --without-des

Does this bit of the manual mean that if I do not want to store
authorization information in /etc/passwd, because the mailbox users have
nothing to do with the unix users, I need to use Kerberos?

>From install-compile.html:
--with-auth=METHOD
Specifies the authorization (group membership) module to use. Currently
implemented authorization modules are:
  unix
  Unix /etc/passwd and /etc/group file
  krb
  Kerberos principals (requires Kerberos libraries). Optionally, specify
where to find Kerberos v4 with "--with-krb=DIR" IMPORTANT: The Kerberos v4
support requires the DES library. Some vendor distributions of Kerberos,
including the one with Solaris, do not have this support and cannot be used.
  krb_pts
  Kerberos principals with AFS PTserver groups (requires Kerberos and AFS
libraries). Optionally, specify where the AFS libraries are found with
"--with-afs=PATH". Also requires krb support as above.
Any method of authenticating with SASL can be used with any authorization
module.