Cyrus logging informational messages with too high priority?

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 30 15:19:31 EST 2002

On 30 Oct 2002, Erik Enge wrote:

> Rob Siemborski <rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
>
> > It could probably go to LOG_INFO.
>
> Is this a configuration option I can adujust?  Or can I recompile Cyrus
> to use info instead?

It's in imap/imapd.c, near the top of cmdloop().

> > If you're using Berkeley DB 4 there's a bug in the locker counting
> > code that causes this number to not be decremented, so it really isn't
> > something to worry about unless there are other problems (like severe
> > performance problems all the time).
>
> Ok.  No, we're not having any other problems, as such, but the messages
> do show up in our centralized logging system (which makes all
> developers/sysadmins jump in their chairs) so I'd like for them to go
> away.  I guess I'll do skiplist.

Keep in mind that this won't make them entirely go away, since Berkeley is
still the prefered database for duplicate.db and tls_cache.db.  And they
*are* a normal part of berkley db operation.  (And I'd argue against not
logging them, since they can indicate the problem when they are
increasing quickly).

-Rob

Rob Siemborski * Andrew Systems Group * Cyert Hall 207 * 412-268-7456
Research Systems Programmer * /usr/contributed Gatekeeper