cyrus imapd+netscape mail client

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Nov 7 10:33:08 EST 2002

"Schmehl, Paul L" wrote:

> Did you use the --enable-netscapehack configuration option?

This hack has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

There is no bug in Cyrus.  The 'Trash' folder concept is actually a hack
on top of the IMAP delete/expunge methodology.  When an IMAP client
DELETEs a message, it is only flagged as such.  Messages are never
removed from an IMAP server until the client EXPUNGEs them.  The fact
that Netscape copies the message to the Trash folder without expunging
it from the original folder is unfortunate, but this isn't Cyrus'
problem (its only doing what it is told).

> Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
> TCS Department Coordinator
> The University of Texas at Dallas
> AVIEN Founding Member
> http://www.utdallas.edu/~pauls/

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127