Converting from BSD mailbox format to Cyrus v2 format

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Nov 7 10:27:47 EST 2002

marc.bigler at day.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I will need to migrate a few users which were on an old OpenBSD mail server
> using the original BSD mailbox format to the new Cyrus v2.1.9 mailstore
> format. I've already read the book Managing IMAP but unfortunately their
> scripts are for Cyrus v1.5 which was a bit different from Cyrus v2 because
> it's now using Berkley DB.
>
> So does anyone have any tips or tools on how to convert BSD mailboxes to
> the new Cyrus v2 mailstore ?

Try the 'mboxcvt' tool in the imap-utils package
ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-utils.tar.Z

I've used it to take archives of large mailing lists/newsgroups (in mbox
format) and feed them into a mailbox on my Cyrus server.

I also believe that these tools might be deprecated and replaced by the
more general 'mailutil' in the UW IMAP distro.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127