Converting from BSD mailbox format to Cyrus v2 format

marc.bigler at day.com marc.bigler at day.com
Fri Nov 8 03:43:53 EST 2002

Thanks for the tip, I will have a try at it hopefully this week-end, and
let you know in case it doesn't work well.

Regards
Marc

|--------+------------------------------------->
|        |                                     |
|        |          Ken Murchison              |
|        |          <ken at oceana.com>           |
|        |          Sent by:                   |
|        |          owner-info-cyrus at lists.andr|
|        |          ew.cmu.edu                 |
|        |                                     |
|        |                                     |
|        |          07.11.2002 16:27           |
|        |                                     |
|--------+------------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                          |
  |      To:     marc.bigler at day.com                                                                         |
  |      cc:     info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu                                                             |
  |      Subject:     Re: Converting from BSD mailbox format to Cyrus v2 format                              |

marc.bigler at day.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I will need to migrate a few users which were on an old OpenBSD mail
server
> using the original BSD mailbox format to the new Cyrus v2.1.9 mailstore
> format. I've already read the book Managing IMAP but unfortunately their
> scripts are for Cyrus v1.5 which was a bit different from Cyrus v2
because
> it's now using Berkley DB.
>
> So does anyone have any tips or tools on how to convert BSD mailboxes to
> the new Cyrus v2 mailstore ?

Try the 'mboxcvt' tool in the imap-utils package
ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap-utils.tar.Z

I've used it to take archives of large mailing lists/newsgroups (in mbox
format) and feed them into a mailbox on my Cyrus server.

I also believe that these tools might be deprecated and replaced by the
more general 'mailutil' in the UW IMAP distro.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127