Cyrus Imap - Postfix - lmtp or pipe ? And why ? And How ?

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Sun Nov 10 20:10:58 EST 2002

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 06:04:00PM +0100, Bryntez wrote:
> Thanks for the advisory.
>
> I was trying to change from "pipe" to "lmtp" earlier today
> but I was getting "permission denied" in the maillog.
>
> So my next question is:
> What permissions has to be set to get this to work ?
>
> I have this config: Cyrus Imap 2.1.5, Postfix 1.1.11, with mySQL
> and web-cyradm running. We're also using sasl for smtp.

This is the key right here I think. We're not using SASL for SMTP auth
so delivery via the lmtp socket requires no authentication. I've seen
others discuss this on the list so maybe the archives or someone else
can chime in?

--
  Scott Russell (lnxgeek at us.ibm.com)
  Linux Technology Center, System Admin, RHCE.