cyrus-sasl-2.1.x compile under redehat8.0

aa achim at altmann.li
Sun Nov 10 19:08:54 EST 2002

hello,

I have to install cyrus-sasl-2.1.7/9 on my redhat 8.0

But default is installed cyrus-sasl-2.1.7 with rpm's
i can not removed the rpm's to much dependence.

if i compile cyrus-sasl-2.1.9 on that system the makefile installed all
under /usr/local/lib/sasl2 (normal) but i need sometimes a symlink to
/usr/lib/sasl2
on /usr/lib/sasl2 is installed my cyrus-sasl-rpm's

Please, could any say what i have to do ?

I need cyrus-sasl and cyrus-imapd-2.1.x with authmethod "pam" (plain)
I would use cyrus with lookup-tables in Mysql-db over pam

thank's a lot for any Informations and help's

Best wishes

Achim