am I right OR what's the right way

William K. Hardeman wont-i at wkh.org
Mon Nov 11 13:52:59 EST 2002

Andrei,

The Makefiles are intelligent enough to know that the MySQL libraries are
normally stored in /path/to/libdir/mysql, but LD is not. Hence, for
runtime, unless you set up an LD_LIBRARY_PATH statement in your start
scripts, you have to have the /path/to/libdir/mysql directory in your
ld.so.conf file for the runtime linker to find the needed libraries. I've
run into this situation with other applications previously, where the
compiler finds everything properly, because of my configure options, but
the binary can't at runtime.

Will

--On Monday, 11 November, 2002 20:39 +0200 "Andrei V.Loukinykh"
<avl at seavenue.net> wrote:

> Hello Simon,
>
> Monday, November 11, 2002, 7:38:17 PM, you wrote:
>
> SL> Didn't realize this was about SQLauxprop till rob replied..
>
> SL> I think the error is quite obvious it cant find the mysqlclient
> shared  SL> library. 1. You compiled it on a different machine 2.
> ldconfig doesn't  SL> have the path to libmysqlclient.
>   It is strange.. As i mentioned, I compiled sasl with an option:
>   --with-mysql=/usr/local
>   I have mysql libraries/includes in /usr/local/lib/mysql,
>   /usr/local/include/mysql
>
>   I have compiled mysql, sasl, cyrus, db4.0.14 - all on the same
>   comp.
>   I tried to make a link in /usr/lib/sasl2  to
>   /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient... That didnt help
>   I'll try to add path ty mysql libs in ld.so.conf...
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Andrei                            mailto:avl at evp.sf.ukrtel.net

William K. Hardeman
wont-i at wkh.org
http://www.wkh.org

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then
do it.
--Robert A. Heinlein